June 24, 1851 - By :

1851 Tuolumne County Water Company Incorporated

Incorporated in 1851, the Tuolumne County Water Company (TCWC) was the predominant agency in Tuolumne County that built dams, reservoirs, and ditches that diverted water from the South Fork Stanislaus River. The TCWC was organized on June 24, 1851, in Columbia, as an employee owned and controlled entity, to develop and conserve the water of the South Fork Stanislaus River and convey water to miners in Tuolumne County.